Rants on all the ads that suck. Updated whenever it tickles my fancy to do so. Now moved to http://adsthatsuck.ca

THIS SITE HAS MOVED TO http://www.adsthatsuck.ca

8/22/2005

Invasion.

There is a certain poetic irony in getting spammed on a site that is dedicated to talking about ads that suck. While that irony is not lost on me, it still fills me with impotent rage every time I read about what stock is p0is3d to sKyr0ck3t!

Imagine my boyish glee as I noticed that some eager reader had commented several times since I'd left work, leading me to believe that readers the world over were now visiting me to read my cheeky remarks and discuss the world of advertising.

And then, dear readers, imagine my dismay, as I read davenelson70's comments telling me about " ='Brand New News Fr0m The Timber Industry!!'=".

I really like it when people comment on here. I love hearing the different points of view about something that affects all of our lives, for better or worse. Since I'm not about to turn the commenting off, those wishing to post (and I really do want you to) will have to go through an extra step of word verification. It's easy, and it elminates comment spam.

It makes me incredibly angry that these less-than-disgusting excuses for human beings would use something like this for something so stupid. Posting links on Blogger does not increase Pageranks. Spam does not get read. It seems like the only reason to do this anymore is just to prove you can.

I would love to see the day when spammers are hanged publicly for wasting people's time, costing companies money, and generally ruining things for everyone. Since I'll probably never see that day, I'll settle for them getting taken to court and losing everything. Their houses, their computers, all their assets. Put their face on milk cartons so that the entire world knows that this is the face of an asshole.

In closing, I will say this: davenelson70, if I ever see you walking down the street, you better start running the other way, bitch. It's on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous melissa said...

yeah i hate spam too. i just want to post so i could see what this "extra step" was all about. i went out on a limb thinking there might be something in it for me. but no. surprise, surprise.

8/23/2005 08:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

You thought maybe... a backrub?

8/23/2005 09:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home